Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Feeding Cows

When we were little, we used to go feed cows with my grandpa and uncle, and they would let us drive the feed truck. So over Christmas when my sister was here, we took her kids to go feed the cows. Since my brother has some of his cows in with my uncle's, Shawn sometimes feeds them. Brandi ended up driving the truck, with help from Talli. The others just went along for the ride. When you first start driving through the field, the cows kind of come and swarm the truck, so I waited to get out and start taking pictures until after the cows were occupied eating.

Shawn and I in our coveralls, getting ready to go feed the cows. And yes, my eyes are closed!!

Shawn's longhorn, Rose. She wouldn't get out of the way of the truck, so I kept honking at her. Shawn's says she's pretty gentle, but I wasn't taking any chances!

Shawn throwing the hay off the truck.

My cute cousin JaNae, she's tougher than the rest of us girls!

And my cute nieces, Madi and Paige, enjoying the ride.

4 comments:

brandif10 said...

They loved it, though you left out the part about you honking at every cow, not just rose.

Darci said...

Looks like fun :D

Steve and Jen said...

Love the coveralls! CLASSIC! I need to tell you the stories about our cows and sheep when I was growing up! I love animal stories farm stories. Happy New Year!

Lori said...

Holy cow when I first looked at that pic of you and Shawn I thought he was my dad crazy (it was the coveralls and the hat threw me off). Yes Janae is definatly tuffer than the rest of us girls. You gotta love her.