We finally got our new fence put up! Colby did it himself, with the help of lots of family and friends. It had been nice weather so we decided to go ahead and do it, and then it snowed almost a foot the next day! So we had florecent lines all over our lawn for about two weeks. They were ready to start digging the holes, and they discovered that cable lines and gas lines ran along where we were going to put the fence. So they ended up having to dig most of the holes by hand instead of using the post hole digger. They worked hard and after only digging up 4 cemented posts, we were ready to put the fence up. We really had no idea how uneven our ground is until we put up this fence, so it was a little bit trickier than we expected. It turned out nice and we are so glad it's done, but I have to give the credit to Colby for working so hard, even when it was freezing outside! Oh, and I even got a new mailbox!
The finished fence.
Friday, April 10, 2009
The Fence
Posted by Jody at 12:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Looks good. A new mailbox is always exciting- I hope one day I can say that I have one :D
Looks like quite a project. And you even got in on the action you go girl:) It sure looks nice all finished. Now if we can just get some nice weather you could go outside and enjoy it.
Post a Comment