Colby and I went down to Las Vegas to watch my little brother, Shawn, ride bulls at the National Finals Rodeo. It was a fun trip and my brother did awesome! Shawn tied for 2nd in round 1, tied 4th in round 4, and won 1st in round 6 with 89 points, and won 1st in round 10. Shawn took 4th in the average for the rodeo, and came out 7th in the world! To me, that's pretty sweet! He ended up taking home around $70,000 for those ten days at the NFR. I've decided I need to have a career change. Colby and I were busy the entire time we were down there and had lots of fun. We hung out with family, went to the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay, went to a concert, and the best part was being able to be there to cheer Shawn on!
This was Shawn's ride in round 10, when he won 1st. I am sorry about videoing, it was kind of hard to stay steady when everyone was jumping up and down cheering for him, including myself.
They take an average of all 10 nights of the rodeo down there, and Shawn is so awesome and took 4th! This is the fam after Shawn won the rodeo.
After Friday nights rodeo, Shawn gave us tickets to go see Blake Shelton in concert at the Silverton. For those of you who has no ideo who Blake Shelton is, he sings "Some Beach", and "Austin".
This is me in front of a large aquariam at the Silverton where Shawn was staying.
Colby, Shawn, and I freezing after the rodeo, yes it was chilly in Vegas!
This was our entertainment after the rodeo, waiting for the awards. I forget who they are, Elvis and his dancing girls?
Shawn is a little shy, but he shows us his buckle he won. You can see his arm is all taped up from seperating his shoulder in round 4.
Shawn interviews on the Donny Gay show.
After Saturday night's rodeo, Shawn was invited to do an interview on a live TV show with Donny Gay at the Gold Coast Casino.
Sunday, December 21, 2008
National Finals Rodeo
Posted by Jody at 9:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hey Jody, you are so cute, looks like you had an awesome time down their. Love the Shawns interview I bet he was so nervous:) He should be so proud of himself. Great pictures!
Post a Comment