Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A day of Flying

I flew to Texas to pick up my cute nieces because they are making the big move and moving to another state. To make things easier, so the girls wouldn't have to make the long drive in the moving trucks, I went and got them and brought them back to stay with grandma and grandpa for a few days and then on to my house until Brandi can come and get them. We had quite the day of flying, but the girls were really good. Considering all the time spent at the airport and flying, the girls were happy and cheerful all day. On the first flight, the girls played for about a half hour and then fell asleep the rest of the time. I had to wake them up towards the end of the flight to have their drinks and snacks because they were very concerned about getting their drinks when we got on the plane. Isaah is making the drive with Brandi and Chad so he wasn't with us. But overall, the day went good and we had no major meltdowns and no accidents. So...Good luck to Brandi, Chad, and Isaah on the drive and the move!!!

Paige and Talli sitting on the boxes that are packed and ready to be put in the moving truck. We were waiting to leave for the airport!

On the way to the airport there was a bad storm that was sitting right over the top of us. So when we got to the airport, most of the flights were delayed. After waiting 3 hours, we finally were able to leave. So...we had some time on our hands for a little while.

Madi, Me and Paige patiently waiting! Talli wanted to take a picture.

The girls are all about making funny faces anytime you want to take a picture!

Paige and Talli playing with the dolls that Dawn got for them on the first flight before they fell asleep. Thanks Dawn!

Since our first flight was late, we missed our connecting flight so we had to wait for 3 hours for the next flight. Chad was working and happened to be at the same airport so we went over and met up with him and had dinner.

The girls were also good on the second flight. They all sat together and did not stop talking the whole flight. I kind of felt bad for everyone sitting around us trying to sleep, but I figured it could've been worse, they could be screaming and crying,and it was a short flight so I didn't care.

We finally made it at 10:00 at night! Julie, Shawn and the girls at the airport, getting ready to go to grandma's!

1 comments:

Dawn said...

You are such a trooper, Jody! I'm glad the girls slept for you.....that is VERY lucky! I hope you are having fun with them. Maybe we'll see you this summer.